Chinese netizens on Douban, a combination of iMDB and Reddit, recently did a survey to vote on the most favorable female celebrities from a pool of 26 female artists. Each celebrity was ranked based on netizens evaluation of their “overall favorability” ranking, “indifference” ranking, and “aversion” ranking.
The top three most favorable Chinese female celebrities based on the “overall favorability” ranking are:
- Zhou Xun (周迅) – 1st place, 61% favorability rating
- Sun Li (孙俪) – 2nd place, 53% favorability rating
- Crystal Liu Yifei (刘亦菲)- tied for 3rd place, 47% favorability rating
- Yang Zi (杨紫) – tied for 3rd place, 47% favorability rating
There seems to be a trend where most of the high ranked favorable actors who might not command the same buying power from their fans as the others on the list, but they are recognized and adored by the mass public. They will do their duties as an actor well and only appear in the public eye when they need to promote something, but will keep a low profile when they’re not working.
The bottom three most favorable Chinese female celebrities based on the “overall favorability” ranking are:
- Jelly Lin (林允) – 26th place, 2% favorability rating
- Angelababy – 25th place, 4% favorability rating
- Guan Xiaotong (关晓彤) – 24th place, 8% favorability rating
However, based on the “aversion” percentages, these three celebrities are ranked at the top:
- Angelababy – 1st place, 67% aversion rating
- Yang Mi (杨幂) – 2nd place, 55% aversion rating
- Zheng Shuang (郑爽) – 3rd place, 54% aversion rating
- Dilraba Dilmurat (迪丽热巴) – 4th place, 45% aversion rating
The first three female celebrities are often targeted by netizens and have a lot of negative news. Netizens claim they’re always trending on Weibo and can’t really act. So when Dilraba made the cut as the 4th least liked, it comes as a shock granted she doesn’t have as much negative news or scandals as the prior three celebrities.
The sample size is obviously small given the amount of votes accumulated for each celebrity. Do you agree with the ranking?